We Are What School Should Be
Our six fundamental propositions give the American School of Bombay our unique value, and this is why families choose us:
- Our community is Intentionally International.
- Our pool of Remarkable Educators foster inquiry and empower students with skills, courage and optimism to pursue their dreams.
- The Educational Ambiance. Our facilities combine multimodal learning spaces, fine and performing arts studios, science suites, a sensory learning hub, and world-class sporting facilities.
- We encourage Dreams to be Pursued so our students can transition to the next phase of their educational journeys seamlessly.
- We are committed to truly Individualised Pathways for all students.
- We facilitate and foster education Beyond the Classroom.
Click here to view our High School Profile, updated November 2021.
ASB’s learners are:
- Intrinsically Motivated
- Adaptable and Resilient
- Self Aware
We inspire all of our students to continuous inquiry, empowering them with the skills, courage, optimism, and integrity to pursue their dreams and enhance the lives of others.
Our Core Values
ASB Core Values are the formal expression of our school's fundamental values and serve as our ethical code. They are an intricate part of the fabric of ASB.
We believe that:
- Each person has equal intrinsic value.
- People are responsible for the choices they make.
- All people have the potential for growth.
- Internal motivation is the most powerful driver of learning and success.
- A balanced lifestyle is the essence of well-being.
- Mutual trust and respect are essential for healthy, enduring relationships.
- Embracing our interdependence is vital for the community to flourish.
- Practice, perseverance, and reflection are integral to a culture of excellence.
- We are the trustees of our environment.
ASB is committed to providing a safe environment for its students and all members of the community. To this end we strive to ensure the safety and well-being of every child.
Child abuse is a violation of a child’s human rights and is an obstacle to a child’s education and/or their physical, emotional, and spiritual development. ASB endorses the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, of which our host country, India, is a signatory.
The school relies on preventative practices to reduce risk and ensure child protection and will respond effectively to situations that are harmful to our students and our school community.
For more information, please read ASB’s Student Safeguarding Policy