At the American School of Bombay, our Remarkable Educators are continually in pursuit of personal and professional growth and development.
As part of a growing global community of educators, learners and researchers, we share data, content, tools, and ideas with colleagues and schools around the world.
Each day teachers across the school collaborate to develop and design curriculum based on student data. Instructional coaches support teachers in finding techniques and teaching approaches that will best meet the needs of our learners. In addition to the everyday collaboration between colleagues, we have established structures and partnerships to support individuals’ continued learning and growth.
The American School of Bombay welcomes applications from remarkable educators.
High School / Secondary School Principal to Start July 2022 (Apply Now)
The American School of Bombay is a center of learning for students, educators, and thought leaders from around the world.
Educators at ASB ensure that students learn essential skills and content while developing their interests and passions. They are primarily responsible for the instructional process, curriculum development, and classroom climate. ASB educators and staff recognize the value of having a diverse and inclusive school community and work to ensure that all students (members of the community) are seen, heard, and valued ASB Educators engage in continuous learning and embrace the school’s mission.
- Leadership Opening – High School / Secondary School Principal (July 2022)
- Apply Now - Applications are being currently reviewed email email@example.com
School Year 2021 - 22 Vacancies
We invite you to join our team of educators. Interested candidates, please email your cover letter, resume, and the contact details of three professional references in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The most important professional development at ASB comes from our faculty. Our teachers and non-teaching experts delve deeply into best practices and a variety of different new pedagogies, including:
- Project-based learning
- Visible thinking
- Gamification of curriculum
- The use of a variety of digital platforms as instructional tools.
ASB staff have opportunities to pursue their interests and participate in professional learning communities. We partner with higher education institutions to provide ongoing professional learning opportunities focused on assisting all teachers to intentionally teach 21st Century skills, use student data to individualize learning, integrate technology meaningfully, support the needs of English Language Learners and facilitate project-based learning.
Educators at ASB value the rich professional learning opportunities and experiences and generously share their knowledge with fellow educators in Mumbai, India, and the world.
Our ideal candidate has:
- An understanding of applying evidence-based approaches to learning, including incorporating an understanding of the role equity, diversity, inclusion, and social-justice and social-emotional learning practices have on learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrating technology to enhance learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across cultures that promote collegial interaction.
- A minimum of three years of relevant teaching experience in a K-12 accredited school.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program and teaching certification
- Experience with an inquiry-based framework
- Evidence of relevant professional development
The American School of Bombay requires government-issued background verification. ASB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees, adult dependents, and volunteers to share this commitment.