The American School of Bombay is a beacon of education internationally. We are What School Should Be. We achieve this through modeling best practices and continually transforming the way we teach and learn.
The focus of our educational philosophy is our students: they are at the center of their learning experience, they are empowered by dreams, and they are equipped with skills to become life-long learners. Serving others, with a desire to make a positive impact in their world, underpins their ASB education.
- Dynamic Learning Paths: Through our program of studies and activities Beyond the Classroom, our students develop self-awareness and the capability to choose and follow different learning paths, while demonstrating core understandings at each year level.
- The pursuit of Passions & Fulfilment for All: ASB learners are curious and intrinsically motivated to pursue passions and challenge themselves for continual growth.
- Understanding Self in the Context of an International School: ASB learners build on the strengths of belonging to a multicultural, diverse and inclusive community, developing empathy & resilience in the face of challenges and the confidence in their skills to adapt to an ever-changing world.
- Thinking Beyond Self: Develop an appreciation of Indian culture, an understanding of local communities, and a commitment towards reciprocal relationships through collaborative experiences.
- What School Should Be: ASB remains a beacon of education internationally by modeling best practices.
Profile of an ASB Graduate
- An ASB graduate, empowered by dreams, skilled as a lifelong learner, and oriented towards serving others, is dedicated to making a positive impact in the world.
- An ASB graduate dreams.
- An ASB graduate courageously takes risks and pursues his/her/their interests and passions. He/she/they is/are a critical thinker who approaches challenges with optimism and persists in solving problems. He/she/they approaches life with imagination and creativity, knowing his/her/their opportunities are limitless.
- An ASB graduate is a lifelong learner. He/she/they is/are knowledgeable in key academic content areas and possesses the skills necessary to be successful in both further studies and 21st-century careers. As a balanced, inquisitive learner, an ASB graduate demonstrates responsibility and a reflective approach to personal growth. He/she works independently and collaboratively, to ethically manage complex systems, information, and problems.
- An ASB graduate serves others.
- An ASB graduate actively enhances the lives of others, showing integrity in his/her/their intentions and actions. He/she/they seeks to understand people and cultures, to empathize with and to appreciate diverse opinions, appearances, behaviors, and beliefs. He/she/they is/are globally aware, valuing a world that is just, peaceful and sustainable.
We encourage our students to:
- Dream big
- Learn with intent
- Realize their own potential
- Enhance the lives of others
- Be inclusive, inventive and curious
We do that through:
- Continually transforming the way we teach and learn
- Exploring new ideas and approaches to learning
- Being rigorous with assessment and learning outcomes
- Being inventive in the way we teach
- Offering individualized learning paths
- Integrating technology in all that we do
- Fostering and celebrating diversity.
In our three divisions of Elementary, Middle, and High School, we offer a developmentally challenging program of studies that is individualized for different types of learners. Our academic program emphasizes critical thinking and builds independent learners. It is enhanced and enriched by a robust set of complementary activities that support and extend students’ individualized learning experiences.
Our Remarkable Educators, recruited from around the world, are dedicated to ensuring high achievement for every child through engaging, hands-on learning experiences, whilst preparing students for their next experiences in school, at university, and in life. Our faculty spends time getting to know their students, not only as learners but also as individuals. Our teachers identify students’ academic strengths as well as areas of growth, and they also get to know and understand our students’ passions and interests.
Our teachers are always in pursuit of a deeper understanding of their students, and the on-going professional development of our faculty is a cornerstone of our educational philosophy. Through Professional Development, our teachers develop new techniques, tools, and approaches, and are continually innovating so they can engage students better in meaningful learning experiences. Believing that everyone has the potential for growth, challenges students and teachers alike. It also empowers both to learn about themselves and their role in the world.
To learn more about our student-centered approach take a look at our Elementary, Middle, and High School curriculum.