We have an active Student Council (StuCo), with two elected representatives for each Grade 9 – 12.
The Student Council represents, and gives voice to, the students of the American School of Bombay, by:
- Actively promoting changes to improve the school environment
- Proposing and organizing student-sponsored activities to enhance school spirit
- Promoting positive relations between the students, the administration, the Parent-Teacher Association, the school board, and any other entities within the school environment
- Modeling the mission statement and core values of the American School of Bombay and help students and wider community to do the same
2020-21 StuCo Representatives
|Sanaa Mehta (12)||Co-President|
|Nikhil Kamat (12)||Co-President|
|Jay Park (12)||Officer|
|Maya Madhvani (12)||Officer|
|Urvija Mafatlal (11)||Officer|
|Ria Mantri (11)||Officer|
|Rahul Dube (10)||Officer|
|Anoushka Madan (12)||Grade Representative|
|Bani Kapoor (12)||Grade Representative|
|Renee Shah (11)||Grade Representative|
|Amalia Burchett (11)||Grade Representative|
|Ryan Patel (10)||Grade Representative|
|Aman Kapoor (10)||Grade Representative|
|Ashvath Srinivas (9)||Grade Representative|
|Mina Ruffle (9)||Grade Representative|
|Karamvir Khanna (9)||Grade Representative|
Model United Nations
Every year, ASB Middle School and High School students have the opportunity to participate in the Model United Nations.
Model United Nations (informally abbreviated as Model UN or MUN) is an academic simulation of the United Nations that aims to educate participants about civics, effective communication, globalization and multilateral diplomacy. Our students in the Middle and High School can participate, with opportunities to travel to other schools within Mumbai, India and abroad.
MS Model United Nations is a learning experience for students who want to refine their speaking, debating, writing, and researching skills. MUN seeks to engage students in a Model United Nations General Assembly experience so that they can learn the complexities and politics of international diplomacy.
Quiz Bowl is a game or competition in which two teams compete head-to-head to answer general knowledge questions from the key academic subjects of history, literature and science. Other subjects that feature in the questioning are fine arts, current events, sports and popular culture. It is similar to quiz shows like Jeopardy, and participants must answer questions quickly and accurately.
Interested in joining the Quiz Bowl club? Here’s a few fast facts:
- Practice is every Wednesday from 5pm - 6pm.
- We compete online every Thursday from 5pm - 6pm.
- Anyone from Middle School and High School can join.
- Post-covid there'll be opportunities for traveling internationally.
- The next international competition will be online and hosted by Singapore American School in the Spring
Mr Sinclair (HS) and Ms Newman (MS) run ASB’s Quiz Bowl club and are always on the lookout for new members.
Quiz Bowl is a ton of fun and a great club to join, especially in these COVID times. Everyone starts off not knowing much, but the more you practice the better you'll get. All you need to know is something about one of the key areas of history, science or literature. If you know anything about music or art you can become a strong player
As an academic competition, Mr Sinclair also highlighted that for students looking for something a little extra for their college applications, this can set them apart from the thousands of students who do other activities. It’s niche and allows students to compete at a very high level.