With our home in India’s vibrant cultural and financial capital, Mumbai, and a student population drawn from more than 50 countries, the American School of Bombay is Intentionally International.
Along with being profoundly committed to embracing India, we also maintain a strong international culture. Our school culture delivers an international pedagogy, facilitated by local and international educators, to an international student body.
In any one year, we have up to 80 nationalities represented, with students speaking dozens of languages, and coming from 90 different school systems from around the world.
Our current student body consists of:
Beyond the diversity of student demographics, our remarkable educators and the leadership of the school also have a strong internationally diverse profile. We have educators from all over the globe, including:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
It is our educators’ international pedigree, experience and training that collectively keep our profound commitment to internationalism alive.
We take pride in the fact that:
- ASB is one of only 200 international schools globally that have formally built their curriculum around international standards.
- Our international pedagogy is an agreed-upon set of standards and assessments for content, knowledge and skills, and this links us with the top international schools around the world.
- Our educational program works across cultures and disciplines to explore the ideas, skills and technologies that are shaping our world.
- As an international learning community in the heart of Mumbai, our students and educators are part of a vibrant learning environment, one that fosters truly global perspectives grounded in hands-on, local application.
- With easy access to Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the rest of the world, our students benefit from travel to and visitors from rising economies and cultural hot spots.