Elementary Student Life
Welcome to ASB's student life programs for the elementary school. We are pleased to offer developmentally-appropriate programs for our KG – Grade 5 students that run throughout the school year.
Student life at the ES campus is about inspiration, dreams, skills, courage, and optimism—some of the key values of our school mission. We inspire our students to enhance an existing area of interest, or explore a new learning opportunity through a range of co-curricular activities. Some of these are held after school, while others extend the school day and occur on Saturday mornings.
ASA (After School Activities) and Studio: ES programs come under the umbrella of Student Life in the Elementary School. After School Activities program for grades KG-5 is branded E3, with E3 standing for Extensions, Enrichment, and Explorations. Studio:ES Programs provide Grade 3-5 students with the opportunity to extend their school day (between 2:15pm and 3:50pm on Thursdays, with some courses on Saturday mornings). It offers a rigorous 90-minute period for students to go deeper into exploring an area of interest or passion.
We hope you find all the information you and your child to make an informed decision about the programs that she/he can participate in when not in the classroom. We also encourage parents to read the weekly Friday Flash for updates and important information on student life at ASB.
- Arts & Crafts: KG-1
- Creative Movement Dance and Fit Kids: KG-2
- Coders Club: KG-2
- Taekwondo: KG-2
- Cricket Kids: KG-2
- Kid Fit: KG-2
- Exploring the Marvels of the Earth: KG-2
- Weebot Robotics: KG-2
- Junior Chefs ASB: KG-2
- Bollywood Boogie: KG-5
- Ballet: KG-5
- Chess: KG-5
- ES Choir: KG-5
- ES Soccer: KG-5
- Forensics: KG-5
- Yoga: KG-5
- Gymnastics: KG-5
- Weird Science: KG-5
- Mini Tennis Program: KG-5
- Mandarin Beginner: G1-2
- Spanish Beginner: G1-2
- German Beginner: G1-2
- Tabla: G1-5
- Wall Climbing: G1-5
- Art Studios: G2-5
- Rock Star 101: G2-5
- Cricket Education Program: G3-5
- Digital Storytelling: G3-5
- Engineering Adventures: G3-5
- GEMS (Girls Engaged in Math): G3-5
- Get Athletic: G3-5
- Paper Quilling: G3-5
- Robotics: G3-5
- Scrap Booking: G3-5
- The Dance Mashup: G3-5
- French: G3-5
- Mandarin: G3-5
- German: G3-5
- Spanish: G3-5
For more detailed information, refer to this document.
- Container Gardening
- Drums & Percussion - Studio Band
- ES Newspaper
- Guitar - Studio Band
- Intensive Dance
- Masterchef ASB
- Moviemakers 101
- Musical Drama
- Piano Keyboard - Studio Band
- Saturday Music Studio
- Science - What's the Matter
- Soccer FUNino Pro
- Studio Swimming
- Technology and LEGO Robotics
- Vocals - Studio Band
For more detailed information about classes, refer to this document.
American Red Cross Swimming
The American Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program teaches children to swim and be safe in or around water. As participants develop these skills, they become safer and better swimmers. This is the program to sign your up children if they need to learn how to swim, want to advance their level of swimming, or if they have been recommended to take extra lessons.
Students sign-up by level: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4. Parents are required to register their children for the appropriate swim level class. If you are uncertain of your child's current swim level, please email the Aquatic Coordinator for assessment.
- What does E3 mean?
- Who is the point person for the E3 program?
- When do E3 courses happen?
- Schedule for E3 activities this year?
- Does ASB offer transport for students involved in E3 activities?
- Who conducts E3 activities at the American School of Bombay?
- What are the fees for E3 activities?
- How do I register for any E3 activity?
- How many activities can I register my child for?
- E3 activities at the American School of Bombay are conducted either by ASB staff, parents who are professionally experienced and passionate about the activities they offer
- Some of our E3 activities are also conducted by outsourced companies or individuals, who have been through an interview process and are trusted to instruct as per ASB expectations and philosophies
- Parents could register their kids for any E3 activity in the following way
- Each semester parents will be informed about the online registration dates
- Online registration will be open, only on the dates provided
- Parents missing out on the online registration will need to sign their child up by sending an email to the activity coordinator
- For the first part of the year, students in Kindergarten are able to participate in up to two activities as part of the E3 program. Students in Grade 1 and above are able to participate in three activities. For students in Grades 3 and above, this is in addition to participation in the Studio: ES program
- Parents will have the choice of registering their child for only 2 activities per quarter, during the 1st period of sign ups
- During the second period of sign ups parents could register their child for any eligible activity that continues to have space available