We are excited to announce that the American School of Bombay’s Powai Learning Village (Early Childhood Campus for Pre-K3, Pre-K4, and Kindergarten students) is now open in the Hiranandani Knowledge Park in Powai. The driving force behind the initiative is two-fold:
- To better serve ASB's current families that live in the Powai region.
- To enable the many prospective families (located in and around the Powai region), who are currently eligible, to enroll their children in our Early Childhood program.
For inquiries please fill out our Online Inquiry Form. Children of all nationalities are welcome to apply. In order for Indian national students to be eligible to apply, they must have studied in an American/International system of education. If a child is an Indian national, please click here to know more details.
ASB Powai Learning Village is now fully operational and open for our young learners.
These are some of our learning spaces in Powai Learning Village: a beautiful Atelier (art studio), engaging and flexible classroom spaces, a meeting piazza, a learn-to-swim pool, and more. Our new learning spaces in Powai will provide the same ASB educational philosophy, practice, and pedagogy.
Early Childhood Philosophy
Children at the American School of Bombay are unique, creative, and capable inquirers who learn through play, exploration, and communication.
Our Early Childhood Learning program is framed by the Primary Years Program of the International Baccalaureate ad inspired by the principles and practices of Reggio Elimila. By deeply knowing each child and responding to the individual needs, our early childhood educators plan dynamic learing and experiences within a purposefully designed environment. Educators create and facilitate these experiences which cultivate perseverance through failure and success, engage children in the habits of collaboration, and develop independance.
At the American School of Bombay, we recognize each child's unique abilities and develop their individual skills to become compassionate citizens who understand that their choices can make an impact on the world.
Principles of our Program
- Children learn through play. Learning and inquiry is inspired by engaging provocations.
- Our program is guided by the PYP framework, alongside practices from Reggio Emilia.
- Growth is measured through the collection of observational documentation and benchmark assessments.
- Learning environment reflect the natural world and are supported by authentic materials and tools that inspire exploration, communication, and collaboration.
- By knowing students as learners and individuals, educators respond to the needs of each child.
Every Saturday, we encourage our whole community to come together at our campus and embrace the idea of Maker. Parent Makers of ASB share their knowledge, experience, and skills with the children and encourage them to develop a Maker mindset through hands-on tinkering and creating. STEAM Maker projects weave Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math together.
Driven by a profound passion to provide our families and community with the most relevant schooling in the country, we are excited to be opening a third campus in Powai this August.
ASB Powai will be built for 100 students in a space of 22,000 square feet and designed to bring the "Natural Outdoors, Inside" with trees, sand, flowing water, grass, swimming pool, and filtered clean air in all our learning spaces.
- IS THE POWAI LEARNING VILLAGE READY?
- WHAT GRADE LEVELS ARE BEING OFFERED AT THE POWAI LEARNING VILLAGE?
- FOR CHILDREN JOINING THE POWAI LEARNING VILLAGE FOR PRE-K/KG, IS A SPACE AT KURLA CAMPUS GUARANTEED IN GRADE 1?
- WHAT WILL THE START AND END-TIME OF SCHOOL BE?
- WILL THE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE BE THE SAME AS ON KURLA CAMPUS?
- WILL THE EXISTING TEACHERS FROM KURLA MOVE TO POWAI?
- WHAT WILL BE THE CAMPUS LEADERSHIP STRUCTURE?
- WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THE AQI, FIELD TRIPS, AND THE OUTDOORS?
- WILL AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES BE AVAILABLE?
- WHAT WILL BE THE EXTENT OF PARTICIPATION WITH THE LARGER SCHOOL?
- WILL THERE BE ANY INTERACTION/ENGAGEMENT BETWEEN STUDENTS IN POWAI AND KURLA?
- WHAT WILL THE STRUCTURE OF PARENT INFORMATION WORKSHOPS AND INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS LOOK LIKE?
- CAN COMMUNITY MEMBERS USE THE FACILITIES ON THE WEEKEND?
- WHAT WILL BE THE SCHEDULING FOR PARENT CONFERENCES WITH KIDS IN TWO CAMPUSES?
- AT WHAT AGE IS MY CHILD ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO ASB?
- IS FOOD AVAILABLE ON CAMPUS?
- IS THERE A HEALTH CLINIC ON CAMPUS?
- IS THERE A SCHOOL BUS SERVICE?
- HOW DO I BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR MY CHILD?
Yes. The same exposure to the range of educational experiences will be offered on both campuses including…
- Daily Educational Program
- Staffing for movement, swimming, creative arts, and music
- Professional Services (such as counselling, speech, etc.)
- Food Services
- Pricing and Fees
- Eligibility for Admission
- Nursing & Health
- Safety and Security (Note: The campus has been—and will continue to be—audited and assessed by the Security Office of the US Consulate)
- Alignment of facilities: Sensory Learning Hub, Performance areas, Welcome Piazza, etc.