Stay home if sick
If you - or a member of your household (including house help, driver, etc.) - is unwell, do not come to school. Recommend you contact your doctor.
REDUCED DENSITY AND MIXING
Small group structures in place. Only students and essential staff on campus.
Returning to CampusNewly arrived in Mumbai
- Ensure you have followed all government mandated quarantine requirements.
- Download the Aarogya Setu App, now recommended by the Indian Government: https://www.mygov.in/aarogya-setu-app/ (Only set up once in Mumbai);
- Ensure you have all personal equipment (i.e. laptop and charger, personal snack, drink bottle, etc.);
- Expect temperature checking prior to entry;
- Expect to be greeted by staff wearing PPE;
- Adhere to all directions given by our teaching, security, support and health staff.
- ASB will follow government guidelines: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC); Municipal Council and Ministry and Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW)
- Student and staff need to be fever and symptom free for 72 hours prior to returning to campus;
- If you have had COVID-19: Remain away from school until you are well and have satisfied current isolation and discharge guidelines MOHFW.
- Make your own way to school;
- Avoid public transport;
- Avoid carpooling;
- Bring your own food and equipment;
- Utilize PPE as appropriate;
- If you or someone in your household is unwell, contact your doctor and stay home.
- Student unable to attend campus due to
- the need to reduce risks for themselves, or
- to reduce risk for those with whom they live
should notify the relevant divisional office. Students will continue to be supported via ASB's Virtual Learning platform and our educators.
- We are learning more about the disease each week. Student or adults with possible health vulnerabilities who wish to be on campus are required to notify the health team: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
For regular health consultations with our doctors, please email the health team.
Wearing of masks
- Current government directives and advice from CDC and WHO will determine protocols;
- Those on campus should expect to wear a personal masks. Please source privately.
- Mandatory where physical distancing is difficult, such as
- entry and exit to campus
- bus travel
- transitions on campus
- Covid-19 testing will be implemented as appropriate and available for students and staff;
- Priority testing for symptomatic students and staff, as available.
In the event that a positive COVID-19 case is diagnosed within our on-campus community:
- That section of the school will close and students will engage in Virtual Learning;
- ASB's record of possible on-campus contacts will assist with contact tracing;
- The campus will only be reopened after thorough deep cleaning;
- Permission to reopen will be granted by the BMC after their inspection and completion of contact tracing.
Those who have had contact with the affected person will be notified and required to isolate at home for 14 days. Students will continue to be supported via ASB's Virtual Learning platform and our educators. ASB employees will adhere to patient confidentiality guidelines.
Illness at school
- Entry to the health office will be limited to students and staff requiring attention, and those with pre-booked appointments;
- Each campus will have an isolation room, separate from the health office;
- Those showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will be directed to the isolation room to await their transport home;
- ASB employees will adhere to patient confidentiality guidelines.
The emotional wellness of our community continues to be a priority. SEE learning is a cornerstone of our program for all ages and our staff are being provided Trauma Informed Response training to enable optimal support of our community. Our mental health professionals will continue to provide any assistance required and can advise on the availability of appropriate Mental Health resources both in the Mumbai area and online.