- Is there a regular review of the achievability of ASB's Opening Criteria?
- "When schools are allowed to open." When is this variable fulfilled?
- Could there be a possibility that students are in school ( sometime in the future) while teachers are virtual (if they are not in Mumbai)?
- Will kids in Mumbai have the option of virtual learning depending on the scenario in the area one is residing?
- When will we know about virtual options for the entire year?
- Just because we can open, will we open? For instance, if they only allow students to attend 2 hours a day, would we still do that? We will not open just because we can?
- What happens if at the end of September the Maharashtra government says “No School until End of October?”
- Will online school be offered after December?
- When will we have a confirmation if school will be opening at all, this year? Parents abroad want to make plans.
- How will transportation work to and from school once we reopen on campus? Bussing services will not be available until at least weeks following a return to campus.
- Might we have a staggered start to school, one that would see one section of the school return before others?
- Parents will have the option to keep their kids home and in virtual school for the entire first semester, correct? And they can move back and forth, depending on their own circumstances, for example, their area is sealed?
- It was indicated that the lockdown needs to be lifted for 14 consecutive days before reopening. Does it mean 14+21 days or are the 14 days covered in the 21?
- When the school opens, would you offer a bus service?
- How will students be grouped?
- How will students socialize with each other between classes?
- Are there different protocols for the different divisions of the school?
- Does my child have to attend in person when the campus is open?
- Can the school guarantee that social distancing takes place e.g. keeping children 2m apart?
- What should my child bring to school each day?
- Will ASB install plexiglass or other partitions in order to support distancing requirement?
- How many campuses we plan to run in future?
ASB will maintain "bubble" groups of students, based on learning needs, scheduled, and available space. In the secondary school group sizes will minimize mixing of students. In the elementary school, class group divided into two smaller cohorts, lowering to smaller cohort sizes for our youngest students.
ASB's social distancing requirement is based on the US standard of 6 feet (1.8m). Our teams will reinforce this expectation throughout the day, signage will be highly visible, and parent support from home will be encouraged.
The cohort group size for younger students will be smaller in recognition of the unique challenges in maintaining expectations for our youngest learners.
- My child is feeling anxious about coming back to school, how can I prepare him/her?
- What if my child is upset during the day? Will you still be able to comfort him/her?
- How will ASB support my child’s emotional well-being?
ASB's mental health team will run sessions for parents and students early in the school year, and are available for individual support. Our Social, Emotional, and Ethical Learning program will continue to be at the core of our work with students. All educators will engage in a range of professional sessions around building resilience within a trauma-informed culture.
- Is there a possibility of finding a way to access 1) the library and/or 2) the basketball court? Can we find a way to access these facilities while still adhering to physical distancing requirements, even while physical school is not yet up and running?
- Have you already tied up with hospitals? If not would you tie up with different ones in different places in the city?
- Will students need PPE?
- What does "free movement for our ASB community" mean?
- How many nurses and health professionals are on campus?
- How are we guaranteeing the quarantine for families returning to India?
- What happens if there is a confirmed case of coronavirus in school?
- What is the school’s position on high-risk and elderly employees?
- Which parts of the community are informed about what types of incidents within the community?
- What will happen if a child in the class shows symptoms?
- Will staff and children wear masks or PPE?
- Do all students and staff members need to be screened each day?
- Can students or teachers use a face shield instead of a cloth face covering?
- What is the physical distancing required as part of a school reopening plan; what is it based on?
- Are face coverings required on buses?
Free movement: Needs to occur within the areas managed by the Mumbai Municipal Corporation (MMC), Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), and Thane area, and within other zones where ASB families and our employees reside.
Is defined as movement not limited by a designated prescribed radius within and between the managed areas, and is inclusive of safe movement on private and public transport systems.
CDC does not recommend the use of face shields for normal everyday activities or as a substitute for cloth face coverings.
Some people may choose to use a face shield when sustained close contact with other people is expected. A mask will also need to be worn.
- Will students be able to continue to use soft furnishings?
- How are counselors offices and conference rooms being cleaned between sessions?
- How are school materials used by several kids being cleaned and monitored?
- How often are common spaces cleaned and what is the procedure?
- What training will be provided to cleaning staff?
- Is there specific guidance on what the cleaning expectations are - for after school each day and for buses after each run?
- If we struggle to do all requirements of virtual program, does it make sense to expand time during Phase 1 for more?
- Is there a similar webinar like NESA for kids?
- Will our school calendar change at all? Specifically, are all holidays staying in place, or will things be moved as we see fit?
- For IB students, how will the 11th graders be able to complete their CAS hours? Since school will be taking place online.
- In the event school does open mid-semester, will students be able to continue virtually?
- How will PE classes be structured?
- Will students be able to meet teachers 1-1 for help after school?
- What will the co-curriculars and ASA programs look like?
- Can my children (siblings) play with each other at break time?
- Will children be confined to the same classroom environment most of the day?
- Will my child be expected to share resources, such as pens and pencils?
For on-campus PE instruction, students will remain in their "bubble" or smaller cohort group. On the elementary campus, individual members of our PE team will be allocated to a two grade level groups and will be working with a maximum of ten students at any one time. On the senior campus, regular PE classes will be scheduled for bubble groups of students.
Cleaning will occur between classes (including any equipment). Where possible, materials will be allocated to cohort groups (i.e. balls, bats, etc).
Students will be able to meet the teachers who are allocated to their bubble group on campus during the school day. Any after school meetings will occur virtually as the deep cleaning of each campus will commence immediately after students and teachers depart. Students will only be able to meet teachers outside their bubble group virtually.
ASBs Virtual co-curricular program is up and running.
Our on campus co-curricular and ASA program may commence once we enter Phase three of our return to campus. A rota of options will be developed as - initially - students will need to remain in their bubble groups.