We are delighted to be reopening our campuses for the 2021/22 academic year.
Continuity of learning is our priority. For details on our opening protocols please review our new Stay Safe At ASB Handbook, published August 3, 2021.
Community alignment, trust in the school protocols, and ongoing communications is essential as we return to on-campus instruction. We are in this together and we rely on parent and community support in the following ways:
- Reinforcing and supporting with your children the messages and protocols we are using at school.
- Respecting the boundaries and structures we have put in place.
- Partnering with us as we navigate the uncertainties.
Our Mission and Core Values will frame all our decisions, as we respond with empathy and transparency to the evolving situation using the following Guiding Principles:
- Stay true to ASB’s Mission and Core Values.
- On-campus learning is the preferred model of instruction, whenever it is safe to do so.
- Continuity of learning is our priority. We will retain virtual learning for the 2020/21 academic year.
- Safe practices will be implemented to protect our whole community, including notifying our health team of any illness.
- Community well-being and connections are imperative. We will prioritize students, faculty, staff, and our community’s health, safety, and wellbeing through community connections and social-emotional learning.
- Ensure health and safety policies are informed by official channels, are clearly communicated, and effectively implemented, whilst also being continually reviewed and updated.
- Promote practices and policies to reduce the risk of virus transmission and support our capacity to be responsive and agile when facing changing health circumstances.
Compliance, Guidance, and Partners
ASB will comply with all current local and national government regulations. These are dynamic, and change is frequent.
- ASB will use official channels to inform our decisions, and our compliance will be monitored by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), Municipal Council, and Ministry and Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW), and other bodies.
- ASB is guided by published advice from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the American Academy of Pediatrics, and our protocols are approved by International SOS.
- ASB has researched "best practice" models from international schools that have reopened, and we have undertaken our own risk assessments to adapt to the unique situations of our environment in Mumbai.
- ASB has aligned key principles and procedures with the American International School Chennai and The American Embassy School.