All students at ASB engage in a CSR (Community and Social Responsibility) programs. Service to others is imbedded in our Mission statement, and we expect for all our students to actively enhance the lives whilst at school and after the graduate.
The purpose of our CSR program is to provide students with on-going opportunities to become aware of the social and environmental challenges that exist in Mumbai (and India), to serve the needs of others in our communities, and to reflect and learn from those experiences. Every student from elementary, middle and high school participates in CSR activities throughout the year.
India offers many rich opportunities for students to focus on and meet the needs of others. ASB has developed relationships with a number of Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), to facilitate student work in this area. Our CSR participants are committed to nurturing relationships within our school, Mumbai, and internationally. Through these relationships, we build mutual trust and respect and work together to enhance each other’s lives. The program leads to many powerful experiences for the students of ASB.
Our CSR program reinforces ASB’s commitment to the following core values:
- Each person has equal intrinsic value
- People are responsible for the choices they make
- Mutual trust and respect are essential for healthy, enduring relationships
- Embracing our interdependence is vital for the community to flourish
- We are the trustees of our environment
We believe that students should:
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as active participants within their communities
- Possess a sense of self-worth and foster it in others
- Respect themselves and exhibit respect for others in our diverse communities.
- Demonstrate initiative, independence, and commitment to working with and serving others
- Be empowered with the skills , knowledge and attitude to bring about positive change
We value our role as a member of the community of Mumbai and seek to fulfill our mission by building strong relationships, and through our collective initiative, programs and resources.