Community and Social Responsibility
Welcome to the CSR program!
Our CSR program reinforces ASB’s commitment to the following core values:
- Each person has equal intrinsic value
- People are responsible for the choices they make
- Mutual trust and respect are essential for healthy, enduring relationships
- Embracing our interdependence is vital for the community to flourish
- We are the trustees of our environment
Why Do We Do It?
We believe that students should:
- Understand their roles and responsibilities as active participants within their communities
- Possess a sense of self-worth and foster it in others
- Respect themselves and exhibit respect for others in our diverse communities.
- Demonstrate initiative, independence, and commitment to working with and serving others
- Be empowered with the skills , knowledge and attitude to bring about positive change
We value our role as a member of the community of Mumbai and seek to fulfill our mission by building strong relationships, and through our collective initiative, programs and resources.
ES NGO partners
Welfare of Stray Dogs: Is working to eradicate rabies and control the street-dog population in a humane, scientific way
Mumbai Mobile Creche: Supports health, education and safety of children of construction laborers living on a construction site.
Save The Children India is working towards the empowerment of underprivileged women and children through vocational and education program. Over 250 children, who are either intellectually, hearing, or speech impaired, study at the Special Care Centre.
One International:The goal of the organization is to teach literacy skills to children living in the slums of Mumbai and also provide children with basic living needs through trust, respect, integrity, commitment, and caring.
- Mumbai Mobile Creche: Supports health, education and safety of children of construction laborers living on a construction site
- Save The Children India: Is working towards the empowerment of underprivileged women and children through vocational and education program
- CHILDReach: CHILDReach is a fun child-centric learning environment that caters to young people with learning difficulties
CHILDReach: CHILDReach is a fun child-centric learning environment that caters to young people with learning difficulties.
ACORN: The Dharavi Project is run by The ACORN Foundation. Its mission is to increase the welfare of rag-pickers, and give their profession a legitimate and sustainable voice in the recycling and waste-management value chain at Dharavi.
CSR in the Middle School
Grade level teams facilitate the CSR experience for students in Middle School. Each grade level engages in four CSR Days with partner organizations during the school year. These engagements include educational awareness of the social issue, advocacy, fund-raising and specific action-oriented activities with community organizations. Each grade is focused on ASB's core values that relate best to their theme, the details of which can be found here. The year ends with a CSR celebration.
CSR at ASB High School
The program aims at creating “sustainable” and “authentic” service-based experiences for HS students in order for them to:
- Build a greater awareness of some the social and environmental issues (in and around Mumbai)
- Develop the agency, skills and attitudes needed to create positive change through transformative citizenship and “service”
Teacher Training Program (TTP)
TTP is an initiative which seeks to broaden the scope of ASB’s Professional Learning Center (PLC) and offer instructional training and coaching to educators who are committed to their own long-term professional development. Initially TTP was offered as a 2-year program. This year, based upon the feedback of the previous participants and a focus group discussion with partner organizations, TTP has undergone a revamp, keeping the needs and impact for participants in mind.